I was thinking do I really need a knee replacment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reanna27

Country
United States United States
Monday morning I took a walk, I felt so good, my knees were feeling good and I ask myself do I really need this knee replacement? and during this week I went to the beach twice also shopping and last night my knees were is so much pain, you just know when it's time to do it I also have a frozen right shoulder to deal with.

Every time I do my weekly grocery shopping I am reminded that yes I really do need new knees.

It's a constant struggle - I have days where I wonder because I have no pain but the swelling never goes away! Gotta go!

Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th

I had my right TKR 6 1/2 weeks ago, I also had my doubts and questioned myself if I was doing the right thing right up to the time they took me to the OR.

I still have a long way to go, recovery takes a lot patience, but it feels amazing to be rid of tge arthritis pain, of the grinding noise my knees made, the first time I was able to stand up and straighten my knee completely it felt like such a victory. I'm not going to lie, recovery can be challenging but is temporary and I do not regret having my TKR.

What have you tried to relieve the pain? If it is only sometimes that they bother you.... maybe you can delay a total knee replacement and try shots or some other method to give you relief.

When you have more painful days than pain free days, it is time. I was doing pretty good up until about 6 months ago, but now pain is a daily thing. I'm mostly pain free when at rest, but when I'm on my feet it is always painful. When lying down I'm mostly good, but it's painful to change positions. Then there are those awful clunking, crunching sensations when I walk. You really do know when it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88