I have approval of Workmans Comp TKR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gio Dude

Country
United States United States
It took six months to get my appointment for this morning. I will see the original surgeon who replaced my right knee to have my left knee done. The insurance company wanted for me to go with Kaiser but so much red tape! Such a big deal for me was made so difficult by the new rules! Wish me luck and see you folks after my appointment 8-)...very happy

That is great news!!

It is worth the wait---it may be very frustrating, but now you can move forward and get your life back in order!

Let us know how the appointment went and what is going to happen!

good news.jpg
So happy for you, @Gio Dude! Let us hear from you soon.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.

Well saw my xrays and indeed my knee replacement looks needed...Its been long enough and Doc says he will be giving me the new implant that they scan my knee first and 6 weeks later I have the special size implant... His office sent the plan to the insurance carrier so i am hoping its the last step to getting out of this waiting game!:fingersx:

Hope all is going well for you. Have you had your surgery yet? If not...when, and if so, how is the rehab going? I had been dx'd with OA and in need of a LTKR when I had a fall at work that exacerbated my pain immensely. Work was giving me a hard time over the restrictions the OS had me under and the OS said it would be a long difficult legal battle to get workman's comp to do the LTKR. I gave up and continued to work without restriction but with a lot of pain. Now I've had to resign the job (don't qualify for FMLA) but am getting the LTKR a done on the 18th. My word to anyone reading this thread is to fight for your workmans comp to cover you and get yourself a lawyer.

Hi Annie...sorry to hear your having similar troubles with your WC situation. As for me its approved, well they approved me going to the surgeon who performed my RTKR and he is sending the report to the insurance to get final approval. They have not responded yet, two weeks going on three! I have prescriptions for pain and sleep aid that are unfilled due to no authorization! The WC system is slanted towards doing nothing fast and allowing patients to wait till approval on each step.

Great if you're the insurance company but torture to those affected by sleeplessness and the pain of bone on bone! The best thing I did was get a lawyer, yet the response from insurance company is still unsatisfactory. I am home suffering every time I stand up and hope for some positive news this week. Hope you have a speedy recovery Annie!

gio.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gio Dude

Hang in there....this is a good time to practice patience for your recovery! :)

So glad that you are on your way to getting the problem solved once and for all, though. Please keep us posted.

Just out of curiosity, when did you have the right knee replaced?

Ooh, that looks painful.

Well Ive been waiting since August 2014 for this and with numerous delays, Im finally scheduled for LTKR :fingersx:
Nothing is sure but death and taxes they say, but im almost sure its going to happen...
15 June :yahoo:
gio-jpg.30133

congrats 9.jpg
@Gio Dude, on fighting the good fight and coming out on the winning side. WC does make things difficult. So sorry that it has taken do long---but a pain free ending is in sight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl
Recent bookmarks
Back