Hitting a wall - surgery can't come soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananasKnees

Country
United States United States
Surgery for my first TKR is coming up on the 30th. I'm on day 5 of no NSAIDs, all the effects of the last round of steroid injections (in late September) have long since disappeared. I hope I can make it to Friday. I have been super busy at work trying to get everything in place for my long medical leave. Sleep has become pretty elusive so I am even more exhausted than usual. I guess this is just a major whine. I am so tired of dealing with the pain and difficulties with mobility.
:swoon:
On the plus side, I have everything ready at home I think. My daughter is coming & will spend the first week or so with me. I have siblings close by to check in with me & help out as needed. All my neighbors have offered to shovel snow, walk the dog, etc. Friends will stop by to visit.
:console2:
The hospital scheduler is supposed to call tomorrow with the actual time for surgery. Please let me have enough strength to get through the next two days!
:fingersx:

Only a few more days, you can try ice, elevation, and tylenol if it is OK for you to take.
The last few days were painful for me being off of NSAIDs.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in same boat but two weeks behind you. Was just told to stop my mobic next week. Shot worn off. Peg-leg. Hold on!:console2:

Not long now!

@BananasKnees

look at it this way: you've made it this far, and if you're like most TKR patients, it's been a long road of chronic pain and deterioration. Perhaps it's the "glass half full" approach but I think it's more healthy to look at it as how far you've come and how close you are to fixing the problem once and for all!

Best of luck to you....please keep us updated on your recovery. We want to help you any way possible.

Thank you everyone. The scheduler did call this morning. Surgery is scheduled for 9:30am. I'm hanging in there, but boy will I be glad to see Friday morning!

It will be here before you know it! Hang in there......

Waiting for many of us was the hardest part---nerves, pain, lack of pain meds, ---it will be worht it, though---hang in there---and keep coming back to the forum.

We will be here for you!

Ice as much and as long as you can---it will help you out---and it will become a habit for you during recovery, too!

Less than 12 hours to go! Thanks for all your well wishes. See you on the other side.

Waiting for you on the other side. A whole new story begins. Take care!

Waiting for you on the other side. A whole new story begins. Take care!
Yes---thoughts and prayers for you on your big day today----we are looking forward to reading of your recovery in the other part of the forum--please post back and let us know how things went and how you are doing when you are feeling up to it.

Made it. Will start recovery thread as soon as I can think & write better!
:loll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member