BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. NOTICE

You will all be interested to know we are expanding our range!

A new forum has been created for "Other Joints" which includes anything NOT hip or knee. It can be found under the hip category on the forum Home Page and in the Navbar at the top of the page.

Also the Social designation of the category and forum will be changed to Community to make it clearer that this is not intended to be a copy of Facebook!

Please let Josephine or Jamie know or post it in the Bugs, Errors, and Techy Questions if you find or have any problems with the new set-up

Happy painfree days, all!

Hip calcification????

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by AlaskanTKR, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlaskanTKR

AlaskanTKR Graduate

OK - I am lost. I am a knee poster - but just found out I have clacification where it shouldn't be in my hip joint causing great grief right now. Having a "steroid" shot on Tuesday. OS said that should hold off a scope for a while - but that in reality I will at some point need a new hip (Shocked the mess outta me today! - Thought it was sore from walking funny) Anyone have any experience with this "calcification???????

Marianne from Alaska

2. JudyS

JudyS Alpha

Marianne,

I know years ago when getting a cortisone shot in my foot (painful) the doc said I had calcification . It wasn't supposed to be there, no problems so far.

As you may go from knee to hip, I am going from hip to knee!
    We will keep the orthopedic surgeons busy.
    Judy

3. AlaskanTKR

AlaskanTKR Graduate

I definitely don't like this getting older thing. Funny thing was - Monday at PT a btkr who shares many of the same times at pt and I were chatting - her hip was the next thing to get done. I said - no way -not me! She was getting some sort of shot to prolong the need - hmmmmm

I think the knees and the hips are just out to get us as we get older. Glad to be sharing the journey with you! I couldn't ask for a better travel partner!

Marianne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.