Having left knee done July 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
.thequiltermom Hi! Welcome to bonesmart! You've come to right place. There are hundreds of people on here that have gone through this. I haven't personally but my husband is 5 1/2 weeks post surgery. It is very normal to be scared. We will want to know when your surgery date is and what you are having done. There will be a forum advisor along soon. There is a library of helpful info on the forum to read. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. There are a lot of very friendly and helpful people on here, and there is always someone who has gone through what you are experiences. The main thing to remember is never let anyone cause you pain, discomfort is okay during exercises but not pain. Welcome again!

:welome: Glad you've joined us! Tell us a bit about yourself--do you have a surgery date? Any specific questions or concerns? Do a lot of reading in the Library section too.

Can you define what you are scared of particularly?

But it's perfectly common for people to range between uncertainty and outright panic. This is a big deal and you will be handing yourself over into the care of total strangers that you will probably not even set eyes on and letting them do things you have no idea about and that is scary. Only crumb of comfort I can offer is that these strangers do this several times a day, every day of the week. Or to put it another way, for you this is a big, unknown and scary deal, for them it's just another day at the office. But you can trust them. I used to be one of those unseen and unknown people in the OR and I took care of every individual that came into my care just as much as if they had been my own mother or father. They will too because they are professionals and know their job. So the only thing you really have to fear is the unknown and that we can help you with. Read around here and be educated. It will help you greatly.

Basically I'm worried that I'll develop a DVT or a PE. I'm in health care too so I'm not really worried about the procedure itself. Also don't like the thought of bring dependent. I'm the one that takes care of people, so being on the receiving end is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

It is hard to depend on others but look at it as a mutual thing--they're helping you now but when you're recovered you'll be back to helping others.

Hey it looks like we are getting the same knee worked on and on the same day! Good luck to you and hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Hey hunnie...just checking in with you. How are you holding up? I go this morning for my surgery clearance. 6 days to go :)

I had my pre-op physical last Wednesday. My systolic BP was a little high. I had to go to the hospital for a swab to see if I'm colonized with MRSA. So now I'm just getting food and shorts. Saw all the grand kids yesterday. Working on a quilt to keep busy. Guess I'm ready to go. How about you?

I had my pre-op physical last Wednesday. My systolic BP was a little high. I had to go to the hospital for a swab to see if I'm colonized with MRSA. So now I'm just getting food and shorts. Saw all the grand kids yesterday. Working on a quilt to keep busy. Guess I'm ready to go. How about you?

I like to quilt, too! I still have to do my Pre-Op stuff. I think my appt. is either this week or next.

Hi and welcome to bonesmart. Lots of people who care and support from people who know how you are feeling. Before you know it the surgery will be all over and then you will start to see movement you had lost returning a bit at a time your quality of life will make it all worthwhile. Wishing you a smooth recovery and wishing you the best. If you have questions or just need to talk lots of knowledgable staff and friends that will help you along. It will all be ok and you will do fine. Holly:friends:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks