Get around knees replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayeKaye

graduate
Country
United States United States
http://getaroundknee.com/knee-pain-causes

I just this commercial for a new knee replacement that uses a round replacement instead of an oval. Has anyone seen this or used this? I went to the website and it only had a few states that it was available in, not mine. Interesting.

hello, KayeKaye. What made you think this was a 'round' knee? It's a normal knee with the usual implants.
The title means "get around knee" (as in get around on your knee), not "get a round knee"! :wink:

Actually, if it's the one they've been showing ads for here in the US, it is really a round knee. They claim it's better then the ovals used now. The commerical features things like an oval bowling ball going down the lane for example. I was wondering about it as well. Seems to me that if round was better, they may have come up with it sooner. But then I have no idea!

lh25, these folks are pushing their product--of course they're going to say its better than anything else. Truth is, the implants on the market today all work pretty much the same way and all are equally good. What counts is the skill of your surgeon. And the surgeon usually determines what brand name implant he.she is going to use because that's what he/she knows best and is trained on.

It is a new "round" concept as it pertains to the knee motion. I don't know if it would be any better or different than a traditional implant. The Stryker literature says only about 200 have been implanted so far. That is really just a trial in my opinion. If the design proves to be better/different, time will tell.

Current knees work. If you need a replacement, get one....done by a really great surgeon.

Only 200! I didn't see that, thanks. The commercials of course are very good. I guess time will tell.

Jo - I agree that getting a good surgeon is really important!

Jamie - I love your picture! And I did wonder how many of these had been used, and for how long.

The video I saw showed a normal knee replacement with a very slightly altered profile. But then it wouldn't upload properly for me for some reason. I still think it's a bluff!

Picture 3.png

I don't know anything about this. Just saw the commercial. What I can see from the commercial is the attachment of the tendon(?) the red X, is in such a fashion as to make the movement more on a circular radius instead of an elliptical route. The photos attached from the commercial showing the red X and the difference it makes as the knee bends. It makes sense but if it's still rarely used I certainly won't be signing up for it to be done on my knee.

Nice analysis of the drawings. The problem I see is that it IS just a drawing. The tendon shouldn't be affected by a TKR and it's not physically possible for a tendon to move in a curved manner like the second drawing as they are tight. Methinks more and more it's a marketing gimmick.....oh, cynical me! It will be interesting to hear what Jo finds out from the company rep! Josephine;

I saw that and it looked to me like the tendon was in exactly the same place in both illustrations. It's only the placement of the X that differs!!
I'll try and get some info from the firm but it won't be soon.

:rotfl::loll::rofsign: :loll::rotfl: Thanks Tim, I needed a good laugh before hitting the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015