Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggymom

senior
Country
United States United States
At 3:34 today just like promised I got the phone call I've been waiting for what seems like forever. My surgery for my total right hip replacement will be January 11 or 18. My surgeon is booked out to the end of March so on January 5 she will find out from the hospital exact time and date. I'm also on the cancellation list.

I weighed 415 and I'm now down to 282, struggling to get lower. So when on my phone call the scheduler starts out with he needs me to work on my weight I almost passed out! I quickly said "I thought if I was under 300 he would do my replacement" she told me he just wanted to remind me to keep trying. I am relieved!

I know the dates not exact but I know now he's got everything in a row and it's about a month away which will be soon. I feel like a huge weight was lifted of my chest. The only thing I need to do is blood work about a week before. I'm going to take the joint class again to refresh my mind I only did the class with my first replacement. It's funny how I'm excited to get this done. Maybe I know the bone on bone will be gone. I'm sure the scowl on my face will turn to a pleasant smile.

I'm sorry I keep going on and on but I'm so happy. Thank you to everyone for your support its given me strength lord know I need it.

Everyone take care and have a blessed night.:snork::wowspring::egypdance::angel:

Fantastic new @froggymum, you must be so relieved after the lack of communication you experienced (have looked in on your threads from time to time). What a wonderful start to 2017 for you. You sure are an experienced surgery-goer and am sure you will take everything in your stride. Congratulations!

Well done @froggymom ! And your weight loss - fantastic! What a great relief to finally have a timeframe. 2017 is your year!

So glad you finally got some answers you can now prepare yourself. So pleased for you ! Persistence does pay off so well done to you:yes!:

Thank you zauberflote and Grammy 211, misslucky, sunny girl and Jaycey. I'm in such relief with my date. Thank goodness you all were here for me giving me strength to keeping on the Dr office. The not knowing was awful. Now I can enjoy Christmas with my sons. And prepare to. 2017 will start out fresh.

Thank you all take care and have a blessed day:hi::flwrysmile::angel:

Well done, & am so pleased you can have a Christmas free from all the ongoing anxiety!!

Roll on a pain- free 2017!!!

Hi Tweetybrd I don't no how I missed your post earlier. Yes I'm so excited to he a January jackpot. And we'll be able to get back on our feet together. Yeah.thank you doopy for your support I'm so excited to have a less anxiety filled Christmas. Liddle1 thank you.:gbh::reindeerlights::santaclap::merry christmas::chris-win: OMG Christmas emoji. To cute! Take care all and have a blessed night.:angel:

As if I need a reminder to why I need my hip replaced all night I've had horrible thigh pain and my knee seems to be punishing me to. Its about 6:30 p.m and as if it was out of control my whole leg hurts so bad!!! I've pulled out all the stops hot bath tens unit pain meds heating pad rest can't do ice makes me hurt more recliner elevation pillows. I just don't no its really making me I'll. Thanks all for letting me go on I hope it let's up. Everyone take care

Sorry to hear your pain level is charged up. I've had many a night like that it's awful! so frustrating when you try everything and nothing works! Had you been doing alot the previous day? I used to find if I flared my hip up in the day enough it would be a nightmare to sleep and nothing would calm it down only time. Just keep thinking of your new hip....It's not too far away and you'll soon be on the way to pain free. Hope it all settles for you.

Thank you bunches for your support Misslucky . I'm at the point now where just my daily activities take me out. Here in west sac its been like the sky opened up and is pouring rain to the point our streets are flooded up the driveway. I think the rain isn't helping at all.:snows: I feel kinda better after another tossing and turning sleepless night.y surgery is finally soon so I'll keep my eye on the prize . Take care and have a blessed day:angel::box:

Your operation can't come soon enough @froggymom when things are this bad! Not too long now, hang in there. For me, the pain and frustration increased on a daily basis as I headed towards surgery. At least there is no doubt this is what you need to do. Some of my symptoms included extreme leg spasms and lock ups while driving - dangerous. Do what it takes to remain safe and as comfortable as you can and keep resting. It will only make your experience of no OA pain on waking from surgery all the more miraculous. Take care!

:chris-win::chris-win:Thank you Medfordart I hope you are getting along nicely after surgery I've been peeking in on your thread. Keep up the good recovery and take care.Hi sunny girl I am most definitely at the point where every single day my pain is so much worse. I've been trying to be lil miss sunshine and smile threw my pain.( Ha Ha) didn't work well I've had tears today and been snappy at my sons. I then remember that with my last hip I got to this point but I had to suffer well over a year at that point till surgery. I m a side sleeper and I can't lay on either side. It does make me feel better that here I can come. For some support of caring people who understand. thank you. I'm sure the rain isn't helping. My time will be soon . Thank you everyone. My bone smart family rocks. Merry Christmas everyone. A look in the bright side u get to spend the holiday with my beautiful sons and have time to get everything in is place clean and put away.:gbh::reindeerlights::merry christmas::snows:

@froggymom God bless you as you have been waiting for so long it seems. Congrats on weight loss also! It will help all your other joints! Look forward to days that are easier and pain free! You deserve it! Enjoy your sons during the holidays! Merry Christmas to all!

@froggymom. Just wanted to wish you best of luck in January.
The quicker it happens the better. I was in your shoes this time last year and in a few short months you'll be in mine ( hip pain gone ).
Get your date and count those days 'down' and try to keep those spirits up. Also great achievement re weight loss.
Joe.

:santa gifts:Thanks swimgirl and Irish Joe I'm so happy January is right around the corner. I'm ready for some pain relief. I'm very anxious. I no what to expect and that's kinda scary. I'm terrified of the iv being started I no now that iv therapy can be called and don't have to be tortured with failed attempts to start my iv. But its really not that bad in the end my PTSD is so bad I manifest the worse in my mind. I just can't wait to be on the other side. Soon enough all in due time. In the meantime I have Christmas to keep me occupied and happier. Every take care and have a Merry Christmas and a blessed new year.:santawave::reindeersleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom