BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community

1. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE RECOVERY THREAD ONLY IS PREFERRED. PLEASE DON'T START ADDITIONAL THREADS ABOUT YOUR RECOVERY.

Finally I have a date ..

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by Inspiration, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspiration

Inspiration Junior Member

Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
    After disccusion with my OS he scheduled me for RTHR on Jan 29, 2013 :yay:

its long time to wait, mixed emotions and alot of things in my head :hairpulling: but i am very happy to know my pain free date:yes!:

2. rider1960

rider1960 Post-Grad

I'm glad you have a date. Long time to wait, though. I wish it could be earlier, for your sake.

Dorothy

3. Jaycey

Jaycey Moderator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow - that's a long wait! Was that intended or the first your schedule could manage. Hope you are not in too much pain! In any case we will be here for you!

4. forbesy

forbesy Sr Bonesmartie

Well a date is better than no date and you people acroos the big pond appear to wait a while, but great news though. :thumb:

Billy

5. Inspiration

Thank you all,
    Billy exactely a date is better than no date, i have waited and search for long time to find an OS who agreed to do this surgery without scaring me of my young age

Jaycey & Dorothy, I am hoping to manage the pain, its diffiicult espeacialy that i have to work but i am praying that my hips will not let me down. My OS informed me it can be eariler if someone cancelled (so there is a hope :angel:)

6. tashia

tashia Sr Bonesmartie

You are right it is good to have a date. If you are satified with the surgeon then go for it. I had to wait sometime for mine too because I wanted this surgeon. It was worth the wait. so do keep us posted on how you are doing. We care. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Elle11

Elle11 Senior

That's great you have a date! That gives you a good chunk of time to prepare yourself and your body for this.

I am guessing that the reason you have to wait so long is becasue the waiting list is so long (especially as they said they would dlip you in earlier if there is a cancellation?) That must mean you got yoursef a top notch surgeon with everyone clamouring for him (or her)!

Hope you do not have too much pain.

Warm regards,
    Elle

8. Inspiration

I am trying to prepare my self mentally, i always wondering about my situation after the operation, waiting is the hardest part in this journey, even in my dreams i am seeing my self in the OR room :what:

my OS will put ceramic on polyethylene, uncemented. he said its will last for approximately 10 years depends on my bone quality (I have osteoprosis and dysplasia) but i hope its last longer, Recovery time is 3 months then i can return to work (I know its depends on diffrent reasons but i wish to have a speedy recovery as some members here :angel: )

I trust his skills, so waiting isn't problem he worth it.

9. rider1960

rider1960 Post-Grad

I'm so glad you found a surgeon you trust--that's so important.

Time will go fast ... I'm always amazed how quickly it does. I'll be praying that your hip cooperates until then and that your pain is managable during the wait.

Dorothy

10. Jaycey

Jaycey Moderator

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Your OS is very old school Inspiration. These things last a lifetime now days - not just 10 years! Surgeons are now talking about lifelong hips.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.