exercises in water

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are AWESOME!!! I'm impressed with all the "water babies" we have. This is great exercise and so easy on those new joints. Keep it up!!!

I might try aquarobics for my next stage. I think where you are going Cathy sounds great - I'm just going to a local council pool, might be a bit too advanced for me just yet if it's aimed at 'normal' people? I too find exercising at home a chore, I forget to do the ones I'm supposed to - just need to get into the habit I suppose.

Son got 2 INSET days Monday and Tuesday this week so that has scuppered my swimming for those days:cry: Unless I take him with me and we just go to the public swim sessions instead - too much splashing at those!

Brad - I was advised to go swimming at my 6 wk post op appt.

You are very lucky...I am a swimmer and swim 3x weekly at our club pool. My Dr has told me no pools or whirlpools until after 3 months ~ their big concern of course is any infection. It amazes me how PT etc varies from DR to DR.
I am itching to get back and work out.
Joe

You should see the pool I use.....3 walkers, 2-3 canes and a wheelchair that wheels down the ramp into the leisure pool. I don't swim in the pool with lanes.

Rather I walk in the kidney-shaped leisure pool where once around the perimeter is 100' (30m) and I do 30-40 laps in water that's varies in depth from waist-deep to chest-deep.

~Phillippa

No swimming over the weekend so had a walk around the park yesterday instead.. First time I've had a pain free walk since we got our dog in 2007!!! It was a beautiful, crisp, sunny day, the ground was covered in crocuses - glorious. We strolled around in the sunshine for around 40 mins and it felt great .....back to the car, no searing pain, still a novelty.

The best thing was my 'reveal'. I have been really concentrating on heel to toe and trying to walk without a limp. My OS said he thought the surgery may lessen the limp I've had for the past 20+ years. I've still got a long way to go but I can manage practically limp free with one crutch - soooooo pleased and excited. Anyway, my 'reveal' was to show my hubby how my practise is paying off by walking virtually straight for approx 15 ft unaided. He has never known me not to limp and I have got worse over the years we've been together. It brought a tear to his eye. As you can imagine I'm feeling very excited about the prospect, still got a lot of work to do but I'm determined to do my best.

This op, for me, truly is a new chapter. My eleven year old son has got lots of plans regarding things we can do as a whole family now I can walk about. It's the simple things like yesterday , walking in the park together, that he means- not leaving me at home.

Will be back in the pool Wed.

Lisa

Went to aqua today. Different teacher and I didn't enjoy it quite as much. I have managed to find a class nearer home so will give that a try on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties