Hi Bonesmarties, my name is Rita & I just found yesterday from my orthopaedic consultant that I need a left TKR. I am sooooo glad to have found this site with it's carefully monitored posts & helpful & encouraging stories. (I already feel like I know Josephine!) My knee history is - MRI/x rays of right knee in 2004 showed bad changes. Then arthroscopy in 2008 showed end stage (grade 4) OA. However I had a good result from that scope & my right knee is my 'good' knee. Arthroscopy 22yrs ago (1990) on left knee for removal of loose body. Recent arthroscopy on left knee shows end stage OA & 'bone on bone'. I am still quite active & cope fairly well but realise that a big part of my coping is by 'moving the goal posts' of what is normal. Each year that passes I have a new 'normal'! I can longer walk further that 3 miles, going up hills is easy but coming down is impossible. Wet, slippy or uneven surfaces make me nervous. AND I want to use my lovely caravan a whole lot more. I have read Brugioni & Falkel's book from cover to cover & am preparing to take control of my knee - it's no longer going to dictate my life! I am scouring ebay for a Cryo Cuff, an exercise bike & leg elevation cushions (I already know the mantra - rest, ice, elevate & pain = no gain) I hope to have my surgery in June this year. I am a bit anxious about the outcome - my doc says 10% of pts are not thrilled with their new knees, but I am determined to be in the other 90%. We are so fortunate in UK not to have to search for a surgeon or to have to save up the £s until we can afford the surgery. Look forward to hearing from some of you & sharing the journey with those whose TKR's are scheduled for June. What shall we call ourselves? We have a very special celebration here in UK this summer, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 60 yrs on the throne - so maybe the June Jubileers!!! Bye for now. God Bless ps - as I write this, the rain is pouring down & the the sun has come out. A fabulous rainbow arcs over my road - I think God is promising to look after me!