Template Errors: thread_view

1. Non-static method SocialShare_Listener::get_bitly() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/bonesmart.org/forum/library/SocialShare/Listener.php, line 101:
    100: if ($xenOptions['facebookAdmins'])
    101: {
    102: $__compilerVar5 .= '<meta property="fb:admins" content="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('implode', array(

2. Non-static method SocialShare_Listener::api_call_bitly() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/bonesmart.org/forum/library/SocialShare/Listener.php, line 165:
    164: $__compilerVar9 .= '<dfn>' . 'Required' . '</dfn>';
    165: }
    166: $__compilerVar9 .= '

3. Non-static method SocialShare_Listener::curl_get_result() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/bonesmart.org/forum/library/SocialShare/Listener.php, line 123:
    122: $__compilerVar6 = '';
    123: $__compilerVar6 .= '<label title="' . 'Search only ' . htmlspecialchars($thread['title'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '' . '"><input type="checkbox" name="type[post][thread_id]" value="' . htmlspecialchars($thread['thread_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '"
    124: 	id="search_bar_thread" class="AutoChecker"

4. Non-static method SocialShare_Listener::get_bitly() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/bonesmart.org/forum/library/SocialShare/Listener.php, line 69:
    68: $__compilerVar5 = '';
    69: if ($xenOptions['facebookAppId'] OR $xenOptions['facebookAdmins'])
    70: {

Template Errors: PAGE_CONTAINER

1. Non-static method SocialShare_Listener::get_bitly() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/bonesmart.org/forum/library/SocialShare/Listener.php, line 69:
    68: 
    69: 	';
    70: if (XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::styleProperty('uix_adStylerOn'))

Template Errors: PAGE_CONTAINER

1. Non-static method SocialShare_Listener::get_bitly() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/bonesmart.org/forum/library/SocialShare/Listener.php, line 69:
    68: 
    69: 	';
    70: if (XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::styleProperty('uix_adStylerOn'))

Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Scheduled for release tomorrow: a major re-design of the BoneSmart.org forum.

All the same features you're used to will still be here, but the look will be completely updated to match the rest of the website (Part 1, launched in May). But this update is not just about a new color scheme - it's about making the forum easier to use no matter what device you're on! Whether you're on a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet or a mobile phone - the new design will adjust to fit your screen (this is called "responsive web design"), be easier to read, and easier to navigate.

Yes, major changes like these can be a pain because they make the forum you're familiar with feel unfamiliar. But I hope you will come to appreciate all we've built into this new design. Ultimately we want to make it easier for newbies (even people who have found us yet) and all you BoneSmarties who are the heart and soul of this community. I definitely invite your feedback - good or bad - in Announcements.

jsr

Airport Security

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by MapMaker53, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MapMaker53

MapMaker53 Member

Post #1 on Feb 22, 2012
    I'm very curious to hear of any experiences people have had going through airport security (or any other metal detectors) with a knee replacement. My doctor gave me a plastic card to show at checkpoints, but I doubt it carries much weight as cards can easily be faked. Was it a big ordeal, or did they just wand your knee(s) and let you continue on your merry way? Thanks.
  2. Pumpkln

Pumpkln

Post #2 on Feb 22, 2012
  3. MapMaker53

MapMaker53 Member

Post #3 on Feb 22, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up, Pumpkln.
  4. carlene

carlene Junior Member

Post #4 on Feb 22, 2012
    They do not pay attention to the cards, and prepare yourself, because you are gonna get the full body patdown! I flew in August and both times had to do it! Oh...I love your shirt!
  5. carousel66

carousel66 Graduate

Post #5 on Feb 22, 2012
    more and more airports have the full body scanners
    no pat downs the last 2 times I flew!
    I just tell them when I knew that they didn't have the full body scanners that I had knee replacement/implants and I buzzed the alarm and was patted down. no big deal.
    but I admit the new scanners are great!
  6. Campervan

Campervan Sr Bonesmartie

Post #6 on Feb 22, 2012
    Hi, I have flown 3 times since TKR 10 weeks ago, twice out of the same airport. Set alarm off first time, but not second time. Weird. At our smaller local airport I set it off. They just wand me. I did have crutches with me and I had to put them through the xray and walk through. OK this time at 9 weeks but wasn't too good 6 days post surgery.
  7. Jaycey

Jaycey

Post #7 on Feb 22, 2012
    MapMaker - I hope that thread in the Social Room answers some of your concerns.

I flew internationally last year at this time. First time with my new hip so naturally I assumed there would be a problem and arrived early for every flight. I can tell you I spent a great deal of time waiting and it was not in security. I did not set off any alarms throughout my whole trip.

You are right though - staff don't even look at the cards. They will scan you if they hear anything. Just plan ahead and find a comfy seat if you arrive much too early.
  8. bobslp

bobslp Member

Post #8 on Feb 22, 2012
    The one and only time I flew (so far) was in 2007. Nashville to Boston. Nashville security was very nice and apologetic about having to get the wand in between my legs and around my groin area. Thew were so nice, I finally just unzipped and lowered my pants and showed him the scar.
    Boston security was like what a frisk during an arrest must be like. Rude and non apologetic.
    Go figure. lol
  9. Juliep

Juliep Graduate

Post #9 on Feb 22, 2012
    I love your shirt !!

It always depends on airport as well. The airports I have flown in and out of had the scanners for everyone to go through so it made no difference for me, I just did the scanner like everyone else and they don't even see or know about the bionic parts. I have cards for both hips but never have even thought of using them because I've heard the same that it really doesn't matter having them.
  10. jerseychick

jerseychick

Post #10 on Feb 22, 2012
    The card means nothing to the TSA agents and neither does your scar. Every time that I have flown I either get pat down or go through the full body scanner (much better than the pat down.) Prepare yourself, it takes some extra time and make sure that you tell the agents that you have a knee replacement BEFORE you go through security.
  11. MurrayW

MurrayW Junior Member

Post #11 on Feb 27, 2012
    I have been through security 6 or 7 times since my replacement and only set off the metal detector my first time...every time since then I went through without a the alarm going off. I did go through the full body scanner once, but not because I set off the alarm. I told security the first couple of times that I had a knee replacement, but since I quit setting off alarms, I don't tell them any longer.
  12. tashia

tashia Sr Bonesmartie

Post #12 on Mar 1, 2012
    Your right the card mean nothing. Everytime I fly I end up with a pat down. Oh well that is just the way it is. I leave early knowing its going to happen. take care and enjoy your flight.:doggieshmooze:tashia:loll:
  13. Randi

Randi Graduate

Post #13 on Mar 1, 2012
    I flew down to Florida 6 weeks after my surgery having seen my surgeon the day before. We had a bet - he said the alarm wouldn't go off...It did and he now owes me a good coffee !:th_heehee:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Open
Close X