2016 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States

Welcome to our September surgery team....the September Sapphires. Like the precious gems you all are, you're going to be marking the changing seasons with a big change in your life.

So join together for support and look ahead to those wonderful new days with your new joints - pain free and happy!!! Post your surgery dates here and use this thread to make some new friends and surgery buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

header-jpg.32155

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 16 calebj06 (hip arthroscopy)
02 September 16 Reflex
05 September 16 SEA
12 September 16 Char59
16 September 16 OUCH!
27 September 16 Geordy
27 September 16 BusterBeans

Last edited by a moderator:
Scheduled for a LTHR on September 27th but wish it was closer as my hip has really been acting up. I had a BTKR last October so I have an idea what I might be in for. Looking forward to meeting the other September Sapphires.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

• Agree
Reactions: SEA
sept 3.jpg
@BusterBeans, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here again for your hip surgery. You are going to find that hips are a bit easier than knees particularly if you follow the BoneSmart philosophy of recovery.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

I just got a call. I got moved up to Sept. 16th! woo hoo!!

sept 107.jpg
@OUCH!, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

I'm scheduled for a total right hip replacement on September 7th. Looking forward to being able to walk again without pain. The sooner the better. :yes:

Hello!

I have a date for my Right THR op on Sept 5th my stomach is doing summersaults just typing this. I am 55, and after years of running in a running club and general wear, the pain has become so intense, last 3 years just bearable then this year - I just need it done. I will probably need my left done maybe a few years later. I am limping quite bad. I notice that my knee swells alot now and was wondering if this happens to a lot of suffers? My doctor said it is probably because of the way I am walking with the pain. I have lots of other questions but I am just finding my 'feet' so to speak on here, and will look forward to any replies. Also, I will be alone most of the time after the Op recovering etc so will need to keep myself busy on this forum!

sept 69.jpg
@SEA, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Thank you! awwwh I feel 'safe' now! felt so anxious, hitting this on my own, but so glad your forum is here. I will attempt to start my own thread......... thanks again:)

Hello!

I have a date for my Right THR op on Sept 5th my stomach is doing summersaults just typing this. I am 55, and after years of running in a running club and general wear, the pain has become so intense, last 3 years just bearable then this year - I just need it done. I will probably need my left done maybe a few years later. I am limping quite bad. I notice that my knee swells alot now and was wondering if this happens to a lot of suffers? My doctor said it is probably because of the way I am walking with the pain. I have lots of other questions but I am just finding my 'feet' so to speak on here, and will look forward to any replies. Also, I will be alone most of the time after the Op recovering etc so will need to keep myself busy on this forum!

SEA, I had a BTKR last October and am scheduled for a LTHR this September. Over the past month I've experienced a great deal of problems with my new knee that have to be coming from my deteriorating hip. After doing too many squats in my Silver Sneakers class, I developed terrible iliotibular band pain from my hip to the bottom of my knee. As a runner, you may know what that's like. After standing to teach several classes this month, I have severe bursitis in my knee as well. I think this is all coming from the hip. Hurry up surgery date.

Hello!

I'm set for my rt hip to be replaced as of September 12, 2016.
I'm somewhat frustrated, after recovering from back surgery last April. Not only was that surgery recovery difficult, and traumatic. Then, to discover that I would need a rt hip replacement shortly after I recovered from back surgery. I'm trying to take things in stride. However, it has been very difficult. Upon learning that I needed a hip replacement, my spinal group referred me to an associated Orthopedic Surgeon. I followed through with the referral. Last winter, I went to see this physician. He explained my options, and I opted to follow through with physical therapy. Unfortunately, early this spring the pain became unbearable, and I chose to get an injection.
Boy, that was a wrong move.. that all but lasted 1 month and sped up deteriorating my cartilage. So, i made the decision to proceed with surgery. As natural instinct, I needed to check up on my Dr's credentials and surgery record. To my surprise, the would be physician, had a record six malpractice suits trailing behind him since 2005.
Needless, to say that immediately sent red flags my way and I sought out another physician.

Well,I'm now with another surgeon who has a great record and comes highly recommended.
I've placed my trust in him,and have attempted to follow his recommendations. He asked me to lose as much weigh as I can before the surgery, allow the injection to wear off before he attempts surgery.

I'm somewhat scared, and anxious for this date to come. I do know this has been a very debilitating situation for me and I'm ready to get this surgery over with. As I can get back to my normal lifestyle activities.
I'm glad I stumbled upon this website, I need support.

I am scheduled for bilateral hip replacement on September 27th. I could have scheduled it earlier but wanted to wait until our very hot summer was just about over. I thought that would give me plenty of time to enjoy my usual summertime activities. BIG MISTAKE! I am at a point now where I can barely walk and just spent a week's vacation sitting in a chair watching others have fun. I can by no means say I am now looking forward to the surgery but my life now is just miserable without it. The people on this forum have already helped me enormously and I take comfort in the fact that there are such good folks to see me thru.

sept 100.jpg
@Char59, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

sept 71.jpg
@Geordy, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

I am scheduled for bilateral hip replacement on September 27th. I could have scheduled it earlier but wanted to wait until our very hot summer was just about over. I thought that would give me plenty of time to enjoy my usual summertime activities. BIG MISTAKE! I am at a point now where I can barely walk and just spent a week's vacation sitting in a chair watching others have fun. I can by no means say I am now looking forward to the surgery but my life now is just miserable without it. The people on this forum have already helped me enormously and I take comfort in the fact that there are such good folks to see me thru.

Geordy, I also decided to wait until the end of September so I could enjoy the summer. Now I'm enjoying 4 hours or less of sleep each night due to what feels like a chronic pulled groin muscle and shooting pains and aches in the hip. For some reason it was too painful to even lie on a raft in the pool. Come on September.

I'm booked for surgery on 2nd sept

sept 68.jpg
@Reflex, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

New guy here. Scheduled for left hip arthroscopy to fix a Labral tear and FAI on sept 1st. Been 3.5 year in the making. I'm really looking forward to it.

sept 37.jpg
@calebj06, you have been officially added to the
September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Mojo333
    Staff member since August 15, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009