2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
ai306-photobucket-com_albums_nn267_nicixbunnyxxx_photography_fall-jpg.47694

It's time to get our team together and start the train headin' down the track for the month of October - The October Fall Feisties are ready to roll!

If you are having surgery in October, please post here and cheer each other on. We're looking for a great group of soon-to-be feisty hip recovery patients ready to move on with their lives. :dancy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

header-oct-jpg.32749

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

08 October 16 CarieM (her second)
10 October 16 Heidisin
12 October 16 Scared
27 October 16 gertie

RTHipR scheduled for October 17.

oct 54.jpg
@FraidyCat, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

:ok::ok::flwrysmile:Hello everyone!
I am hoping to have THR this coming October. I have gotten clearance from my dentist, will see my PCP latter part of September so I hope the scheduling will be this October. I need to get both hips replaced but I will having my left replaced first, though last night it seems as though the right hurt worse! I work as an RN on a very busy Cardiology unit. I will have my surgery here at the hospital I am employed. I have been goin to weigh watchers to lose a few pounds, so far 12lbs and would like to lose an additional 15lbs. I have been in such pain and I currently take meloxicam for pain. It seems to be the only thing that works that is not a narcotic since I cannot work under the influence. I took Percocet at home, but was nauseated for 2 days afterwards.
I am interested in how others out there are doing after their surgeries, as far as activities, getting back to work etc. I live in a two story home, will have a little bit of help when discharged, but do not wish to go to a rehab center (aka SNF). So any and all suggestions, advice and or encouragement is greatly appreciated.:loll:

Surgeon's office cancelled 10/17 surgical date. Surgeon out on medical leave. Now need to find another surgeon and to reschedule.

@If I Ever, let me know when you have a surgery date then I will be able to put you on the list. In the meantime, welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@FraidyCat, so sorry that you're having to start all over again. I have removed you from the October list, but am looking forward to when I am able to put you back on a list.

Thanks, @bottomshollow. It took me many months to decide re: both surgeon and date, so it's a big setback. I have two other potential OS drs and may be starting a new thread soon re: new decision dilemma.

Scheduled for THR on October 12, already second guessing the decision to have it done.

@Scared, I've been afflicted with a lot of second-guessing (third-, fourth-, and fifth-guessing as well) though am trying to move forward with surgery sometime in fall. Can you give some details about your misgivings in order to make replies potentially more helpful?

oct 87.jpg
[COLOR=#ff8000]@Scared[/COLOR], you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@Scared, I've been afflicted with a lot of second-guessing (third-, fourth-, and fifth-guessing as well) though am trying to move forward with surgery sometime in fall. Can you give some details about your misgivings in order to make replies potentially more helpful?

I've been second guessing I think because of the timing. Too many things going on at work, my husband has decided he's ready for his knee replacement (how am I to take care of him), and I'm trying to convince myself my hip isn't that bad. Mainly I'm scared.

I'm having LTHR on October 27th. Seems very far away, which is actually good since there's a lot to do--but I know it's really just around the corner.

oct 80.png
@gertie, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Hi Everyone,
I'm having my RTHR on October 8th and I cannot wait to be completely pain free :happydance:

oct 76.jpg
@CarieM, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. With two pain free man made hips, there will be no stopping you!

Hi! My first post ever in this forum to announce that I'm scheduled for RTHR on October 10th.
Wohoo! (I think...)

Looking forward to get to know you all, have picked up heaps of good advice by lurking so far ;-)

oct 102.jpg
@Heidisin, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Mojo333
    Staff member since August 15, 2017
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member