2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
may-group-gif.9986

Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

month-of-may-flowers-png.20084
may-marvels-jpg.20083

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 May 15 bionic1
07 May 15 The Queen
11 May 15 joy318830
12 May 15 MsOptimist (her second)
13 May 15 Graciesmom (her second)
19 May 15 MamaDi, Gilina
26 May 15 mad4cavs
27 May 15 jknee

Hi, having RTKR on May 18. hoping all the snow and ice are gone by then! looking forward to becoming an active member here, and joining everyone on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to the group. Scheduled for Rt. total knee replacement on May 19th...Happy anniversary to me! I will celebrate my 31st wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday on my surgery day! This wasn't the news I wanted but I am so tired of the pain...I miss being active and exercise! Thankful for a supportive family and friends~

Last edited by a moderator:
Surgery scheduled for May 19. Right knee, Stryker Triathlon Total Knee. Was told to get both knees replaced in 2003, so I have put it off for a long time. Glad to have found this forum, as my family is NOT supportive at all. Been reading through some posts and am finding that I have now more questions for my doc--now I just have to figure out how to get them answered. As a chemically sensitive person, I have doubts/questions about everything from bone cement to bandages/dressings afterwards (allergic to all tapes/adhesives--welts and blisters). Just being in a hospital will be very hard on me. I like my OS now though. First one I consulted was a jerk.

Having surgery for a double TKR on May 7th with Zimmer solution. It will be the day before my 45th wedding anniversary. We went on a cruise for our 40th and will be together for this marker but with different type of accommodations.

Rtkr scheduled May 13-5 weeks after the Ltkr

Hello pleased to meet you all i am a nurse who is going to change places and become a patient i am due to have a left total knee replacement ,on May 26th i come from wales have 4 dogs a husband and 4 children and 6 grandchildren soon to be 7,

may 14.jpg
@mad4cavs, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!

Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.

Hi:) New to group! Surgery May 27, Left TKR, scared to death but want my life back!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

My total knee replacement is scheduled for May 11. I am a teacher and will skip the last few weeks of school but I'm planning to return in August with a healthy, strong left knee for the new school year. I am hoping that 12 weeks of post-op work will put me at 100% for my students!
I hope I've put this post in the right place--I'm looking forward to having a support group through bonesmart!

april 19.jpg
@joy318830, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!

Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.

Surgery scheduled for May 7th for RTKR. Yesterday I had the scathingly brilliant idea that I should
maybe do both at the same time. Still weighing the pro's and cons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562