BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE RECOVERY THREAD ONLY IS PREFERRED. PLEASE DON'T START ADDITIONAL THREADS ABOUT YOUR RECOVERY.

10 months post surgery

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by mbgrip, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbgrip

mbgrip New Member

It was a little rough having both hips resurfaced at the same time. But I have no regrets. My hips feel great. I had a great physical therapist Patty Brown. I worked my butt off in the gym and I highly recommend taking yoga or stretch classes after PT. I never picture myself ( ex football player) doing yoga. But I try to go as much as possible. The hardest part of the recovery is trying to stretch and retrain the tendons and muscle around the hip area that have been restricted from years of arthritis. There's no more problems tying my shoes!
    I was back to work in 4 months. My job is very physical with many hours in the day on my feet. The problem I have now is the lower back(aches) which during PT for the hips the therapist noticed my stomach muscles weren't firing and my back is doing all the work. I've had a ventral hernia for 10 years. What the heck ...one more surgery.

2. Josephine

Josephine NURSE DIRECTOR, BONESMART Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TKRs = 10
    Ventral hernias = 4

Easy peasy!

I'd also see a chiropractor to get your back adjusted. Will make all the difference.

3. Jamie

Jamie Administrator

United States United States
    Mbgrip....great report!!! I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing. You'll be a whole new person once you get that hernia repaired!! Feelin' good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.