To those who might be worried, I had TKR last October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroDavid

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Let me be reassuring to anyone who might be worried. I had my right knee replaced last OctoberAfter a spinal anaesthetic (only like a scratch) I quickly lost all sensation in my legs. The op took 50 mins and recovery from the local anaesthetic was rapid (about 90 minutes). Pain relief was always available but generally there was little pain with the prescribed medicines taken as given. Surgeon was pleased with flexibility of new knee and after learning some techniques from the physios I was able to go home after three nights. Ice packs on the swollen knee were a good way to reduce swelling and doing the regular exercises helped regain normal walking activity after four to six weeks. If you are waiting for pre op assessment or the surgery itself have no fears. It is all very straightforward and the nurses will keep a close eye on you day and night. Your recover depends largely on your own willingness to do the prescribed exercises regularly and to keep using the ice-packs. My left knee is to be replaced in October, a year on from the earlier knee replacement. This time round my recovery will be quicker because I now know what works best for me.

Hi @AstroDavid, thanks for the reassurance, my surgery is coming up on the 22 of September if my stress test comes back normal wich is tomorrow! Only 50 minutes? I though usually takes like 2 hours. That was fast! Glad you are doing great. I'm looking forward to mine so I can live life again!

Take care,

Lili

Thanks for the reassurance!

Two weeks tomorrow, I will have surgery.

Hi David and welcome to BoneSmart! I se you live in Northampton - so which hospital are you going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom