Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrying the toes above nose to extreme .....astronauts have to do things upside down but zero gravity makes it easier........I think

Vinny

Hi Maggie Hope the wine was wonderful. Hmmmm will try stockings again tomorrow maybe. Wish this right knee would behave and give me a break! Trying to decide if I try and walk in morning or is that going to set me up with more pain all day or just try for the pool Decisions, decisions quess I'll sleep on it hopefully. Happy zzzzz's

Hi @Sudibar Diane how about doing neither. Take a day or more off and just rest. If you walk, that's easy but more weight bearing on your sore knee. If you swim that's relaxing and less stressful to the knee but you have a long drive to and fro. Just rest, elevate and ice. Shirley, my right knee, is now my problem child....pain and swelling. Icing in bed now while I'm on the tablet..12.30 am!
On the stockings I googled about wearing them and answer seems to be when you are upright is during the day. So no soon in bed tonight for me.
I hope you are sleeping, cheers Maggie x

Sorry about Shirley - I've noticed an increase in swelling as my activity increases and I decrease the meds that had tylenol so I've added the Tylenol back on it's own and it's doing better. Hope you finally got to sleep!!

Hi Maggie, I hope you were finally able to sleep. My sleep had been so messed up for so long i thought I'd never feel rested again. After the second knee, I'm finally able to sleep again but now it seems to be most of the time. So now it's more of an issue to stay awake for chunks of time! Seems like there is an awful lot of extraneous things affected by having knee replacements.
I saw your post about getting a new pup in the fall (well, my fall, your spring). What type of dogs do you like? I've always had the best luck with rescues.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Maggie! Just came by to catch up on your thread as I have been busier than usual as Fenway is home. It's amazing how he knows there is something different with me and he avoids my left leg. Right now he is sleeping and snoring against my right thigh. Glad to see that you are as positive and upbeat as usual and I want to thank you for that as I consider you my mentor!! Have a fabulous day!!!!

Brenda aka Bionic B

@BananasKnees Hi Charlotte I managed another hour or so sleep. Now 3am here, grrrrrr. The thing I hate about this insomnia is that it wipes me out for the next day.
I also get rescues....I'm going to get another Kelpie. They are Australian working dogs used on farms with sheep and cattle. This will be number 6. I want to get a 6-8week old puppy. Joy of joys with all the training (not). Something to look forward to☺
Hope you have a great day, Maggie x

@Blendab1 Hi Brenda thank you for your comments☺
Have a great day withFenway, Maggie x

Hi Maggie! Just stopping by to say hello..I finally got a little nap in today but not the amount I need! My HIV doc is doing a prescription of Vicodin for me to help with the real rough patches that Tylenol does not seem to touch..my body seems to be showing less effects from the Oxy and the Tramadol so that is good..Hope you were able to get some much needed Zzz

Hi @Spencieca I'm so pleased you have been able to get some meds. Don't know about you but I don't take anything during the day its the night time that the Girls play up. Maybe time for another chat w Dr????
I've been napping on 45 mins to 1 hr bites in between being awake...very tired. Rang and canceled PT and hydro cause I feel I just could not do it. Still in bed at 9.30 am here. Today is going to be a slow one. Maggie x

Hey Maggie - have you tried taking meds at dinner rather than wait until bed? It might soothe the girls into compliance by bedtime! Even if it's just OTC stuff - whatever works for you, I've found that 1000mg of Tylenol really does a great job at this point - with the prescription stuff at bed, it might do the trick.

Thankks Teresa. I have kept up the hospital regime of long acting around 6pm. OK I'll try the tylenol equivalent on the first wake up and see how that goes. I'm in bed at 8 to 8.30....this is normal for me as I read then get up at 5.30 to 6am. The Girls wake me up thru the night and drive me crazy. Here's to seeing how tylenol will do for the next few nights. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk

Hey, Maggie. Love kelpies and rescues AND puppies. My chow mix is almost 13 so he's been having a rough year. Today I met a puppy on my walk and remembered the other side.

Hope you have some good sleep!

@Awriterafoot Barbara I'm sorry your baby is having a rough year....poor sweetheart. Big cuddle and pat from Auntie Magz in Oz. Yes I so get the delimma of getting sayba 12-18 month old that is nearlybthru the terrible puppy years or a bubba. Kelpies are active plus...the last but one I had ate 8-10 pairs of shoes ( I've got my hand up for this cause if its on the floor its mine:shrug:) dug numerous holes thru to China in the garden and generally ran amok. But I loved her to bits. She was 17 months old when she died ...hit by a car. Just way too sad
So the next one....God give me strength but I think it'll be a little female pup.

Got a bit of sleep...got up at 10.30 showered and then headed to the shops for essentials...tea, coffee you get the picture? Very lazy day. Will see what tonight brings.

Hope your night/day was good....don't know where we are with time zones....cheers Maggie x

8.30 am here. Those night time niggles are one of last things to haunt us. I think its we get used to napping. Also its a lonh period of leg inactivity, not that I suggest you take up sleep walking.

Legin THR Sep 14

Oh Maggie, sorry about your pup. And Barbara, I know how hard it is to watch a senior dog go through twilight years. Always I had gotten young pups but my last guy, Wilbur, was a little older at around 7 months. He has been my soul dog (he's about 8 yrs now). Love kelpies and chows and just about all in between! My favorites are the big guys - the mutts! Wilbur has been so good through all of this, never directly under foot, but not ever far away either. Always a great one to let me bury my head in his fur & have a good cry.

I finally started using the world clock function on my phone to figure out the time differences (someday I hope to be smarter than my phone). It must be early evening for you, Maggie. I hope you had a good day and can sleep well tonight. Seems right now all I do in a day is nap! PT for my left knee has been difficult. The quads are not working very well yet so the straight leg lifts are killers. It seems to me that I was a lot further ahead in pt with my right knee. Do you have differences with the function of your bilaterals? I sometimes wonder if I can be ready to go back to work in another 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Legin Thanks for that insight re the night time niggles. Taking more drugs 2nite and for the next couple of nights to see if I can get a better sleep pattern.
Sleep walking...oh no!!!! Like my warm bed too much. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk

@BananasKnees Good on you for checking on a world clock.....it's 7.15pm here. Wilbur sounds a delight. I just love how dogs are so in tune with us. Such wonderful beings.
Yes I do have differences between my knees. Laverne, the left, started out as a brat and lagged at pain levels, leg lifts and ROM. The shoe is now on the other foot and Shirley is the cranky child with the pain and niggles. I have to say that both are about the same ROM wise and with leg lifts and other PT moves. Stairs are a bit different. Laverne goes up and down without a twinge....Shirley is OK up but des nit like down. I think it is the tight IT band on my right thigh that is causing the disturbance.
I am 9 weeks on Wednesday. ...don't know that I'd be ready for work though. I'm retired so it is a moot point.
Hope you have a great pain-free day. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties