Decided to go with both knees at the same time I pray I have the stamina

Status
Not open for further replies.
will you be going to rehab after your hospital stay? I'd recommend it for bilaterals.

It will give you a chance to get PT and OT twice a day or so---and get you acclimated to living with your new knees, which will be stiff for a while.

After my BTKR, there was no way that I was ready to immediately return to my home--I was in the rehab facility for a week or so.

@meowmary Did you get a surgery date? I don't recall! Exercise as much as you can stand to get your legs stronger. Make sure your home and you are ready for your recovery time, and remember it takes a long time to recover from TKR so be prepared to learn patience.
Yes dec /1/14 but I've been calling the os to move the date up to the next week I got grand babies walking in wedding on dec.4

It will give you a chance to get PT and OT twice a day or so---and get you acclimated to living with your new knees, which will be stiff for a while.

After my BTKR, there was no way that I was ready to immediately return to my home--I was in the rehab facility for a week or so.
Yes but not sure how long

Yep I called and said no way can I go straight home and take pt 3times a week . nurse said os has three rehabs he likes to use my reply :sounds good to me

@meowmary, will you be going to rehab after your hospital stay? I'd recommend it for bilaterals. I came home Saturday and everyone left today, and I was like, "Hey!" They took good care of me before they left, and I got a shower, but then there is this darn full coffee cup that's been in the living room all day. I got it to the dining room table, and that's it. I hope Amazon delivers my walker tray today.
Nothing worse than a dirty dish looking at you all day ..I can't focus on anything but that dish lol I guess I'll have to work on that..there will probably be a lot of that after D day lol

@PuppyLove I would love to go in earlier but I got two grand babies being born one any day another due the first week of nov. and I want to be able to attend both baptizims plus a wedding soooo I figure I'll just scrap the holidays somethings gotta give ,I just want to put it behind me and get on with recovery... And stop thinking about it!!!

@meowmary my OS is Gurpreet Bajaj at Lone Star Orthopedic. What rehabs does your doc like? Mine mentioned a few- I checked out Texas Rehab Hospital in FW and it seemed OK. I'm hoping to go home, but like to be prepared, just in case. Congrats on the grand babies!

@meowmary, two grand children at the same time? That sounds like heaven! I have one 18 month old grandson. I adore him. He likes me, but he likes trucks better. We read truck books, watch truck videos, and play with trucks. It's his first word and last word of the day.

@meowmary Dec 1st with the wedding Dec 4th, nope, won't work! It will be a month and a half or more before you are ready for anything like that! If you have to miss it maybe someone can make a video of it for you!

@tiredwife @PuppyLove @Jane B. well I called my o s to ask about putting it off for a week ... Her reply.. No way he has bilaterals on every surgery date in dec ..oh and by the way I lost request to do both knees on dec 1st I will have to get with dr. To see if he can do both..now ain't that a hullabaloo ? Thanks for the congrats when the baby girl comes in nov. I will have 6 granddaughters and 9 grandsons this makes for a very busy holidays. O well guess i will just have to hope she gets back to me on this little bump in the road to my new knees . Thank god I called to try and switch because she tells me she had forgotten ain't that a howdy you do

@meowmary I hate places that have idiots working for them. Thankfully hubby's OS and his office workers are very good at what they do. We have only had one mix up about the meds, but that got straightened out really quick. When he had surgery on his Achilles tendon that was a different doctor and a different office. We found out the day before surgery that they hadn't turned in the paperwork to our insurance or his FMLA! What a mess! Hope they get everything straightened out for you.

@meowmary, good luck to you. It sounds like you have a busy life! I'm having bilateral on Sept 29 and have 8 grandsons and 1 granddaughter, so hope to be up and at least shuffling around by the holidays. It's motivating to do all we can to recover gently and completely so we can spend time with those we love! This forum has been fantastic with all the comments, suggestions, and written articles. I feel like an informed patient thanks to you good folks. Best wishes to you.

I'm doing the same thing!!! Would love to know how your surgery and recovery goes!!! I'm waiting till the new year because of insurance issue.

@meowmary thanks! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too! I am so happy to have found this site! I am on it everyday!!!! I am very nervous about this pending surgery and am constantly searching to get as much info as I can about it! xo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads