THR dduneriders Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddunerider

Well guys Im home.My blood count was still low and they asked if I wanted blood.Buy My doctor said that I was young and I did'nt have any dizzness so I could go home without it so I did:yes 4:Im sore tired and by back hurts for layiing in bed...But not anymore of that pain I remmber:thumb:...Now time for some rest.. And Did anyone else get one of thouse Ice chest that pumps Ice cold water into a fitted wrap 8 hours of relief..Awesome!!..See you tommarow:sleep:

Welcome home!!! It's the best place in the world to be for recovery.

Hi Rider. It amazes me how people come home two days after surgery. I needed that third day - but as they say here frequently, we all heal in our own way. I am curious about that cooling machine you mentioned. I will Bing it and check it out. (Being from Seattle we have to Bing instead of Google!) Welcome home!

Hi Rider. It amazes me how people come home two days after surgery. I needed that third day - but as they say here frequently, we all heal in our own way. I am curious about that cooling machine you mentioned. I will Bing it and check it out. (Being from Seattle we have to Bing instead of Google!) Welcome home!

I will post photos of the cooling unit its really Cool.:loll:...you got get one

Hey there-Welcome to the Other Side and Congrats on your new shiny hip!

I bet you are so relieved, you waited patiently and lost all that weight to get here!! Great job!!!

Please remember lots of resting,meds and your ice.

Im jealous, only the knees were given the CryoCuff post op-sounds heavenly:thumb:

Glad you are home and recovering. I'll be looking forward to more about that ice thing--it sounds really interesting.

Dorothy

Welcome Home and congratulations!

I had read your story much earlier with your weight loss success, great inspirational story!

Me too also thought the ice machine was for knees only. Your special :)

Lots of rest, ice and pain pills for now...

All the best,

Sarah

Thanks nice to be home.But I have this headache that wont go away because I refuse the blood and decided to make it on my own...should start feeling better soon. And very sore and stiff right now.

Sore and stiff means you are doing it JUST right!!!:wink1:

I've never seen one of those ice pumps for hips...just for knees...that sounds GREAT (and perfect).

Rest well...early...and often.

Z

Thanks nice to be home.But I have this headache that wont go away because I refuse the blood and decided to make it on my own...should start feeling better soon. And very sore and stiff right now.

This is the one I have works great!!http://www.nationalbraceandsplint.com/product.asp?itemid=209&gclid=CMTt6Zqm1a4CFQlbhwodbBFmbQ

Feeling pretty good today!!..Almost sleeping through the night but my body needs a little help with pain around 2 am.Doing my PT like 8 times a day.Walking with my walker not to bad..going up and down the stairs twice yesterday sitting in my nice chair in the bedroom...Lots of movies.Getting dressed putting on socks and even make eggs this moring...What a Differance 6 days make.Now I think my blood is comming back because I can type now without being easly discracted.....I think my back hurts more from laying in bed...so today I will try and stay out of the much as possable...Ice 3 times a day really helps too..Doctors appt tomarrow and Im going try and do a feild trip to watch some cars race!!!!...Thanks Bonesmart loving this site!!

Very similar to the Breg PolarCare which you can see in here Using ice

But now this one will be added to it! :wink1:

Well today its been a week since my Hip Replacement.Doing well but my thigh is so sore and stiff I have been doing my exersizes...But its another Field trip tomarrow to El Toro for the Run to the Coast Autocross event. Im taking a wheel chair so not to ware me out ...I have to get out of the house..but things are getting easer every day...Hope Im not staying in bed to much and making it worse...And no Ice today eather I think I did to much my leg was aching all night..but today much better..I think I will Ice down when we get back to help....side note I have no swelling so thats why were going out!!!!

You are doing awesome for just one week after surgery. Congrats and welcome to this side.
Yes, there is this stiffness. It felt to me like someone slammed a board into my side and left it there. It is better now.
Get lots of rest and take it easy.
Bea

You are doing awesome for just one week after surgery. Congrats and welcome to this side.
Yes, there is this stiffness. It felt to me like someone slammed a board into my side and left it there. It is better now.
Get lots of rest and take it easy.
Bea

No kidding hip joint pain is gone but this pain on the top and outer side of my thigh is something else.How long does it take for this to go a way?

I had it for quite a while, but then everyone heals different. Even now, especially after I sit for awhile, I am still stiff on the side where the surgical scar is. I had the anterolateal approach, uncemented metal on poly. My front thigh muscle pain is pretty much gone except some in the crutch after exercising.

My PT says, the stiffness and crutch pain is probably because my left leg is longer now and the muscles and tendons have to adjust.
He said on the side of the leg is a band which holds the muscles and that is what is so stiff.
I also started to work about three weeks after surgery. Only on the computer here at home a few hours at a time, but all the sitting was probably not very good for me. Tried to get up and rest and stretch a lot. The sitting bone was also pretty sore the first month or so.
I was on oxycodon for a couple of weeks and then hydrocodon for another week. Then only ibuprofin and acetaminophen for a few weeks only. I take maybe two ibuprofins per day now. Mainly before I go for my daily walk. It is mainly for the pain in the crutch which I still get while exercising.

In the first four weeks or so the healing process was very fast for me. Then it leveled off and my impatience started.
Just rest and ice a lot. You are doing great. I know it takes so much patience, but you will get there.
Bea

Umm you're 9 days out and asking how long does the pain go on? :DOH:

So, tell me what pain meds you have and how often/how much you are taking?

And perhaps you'd better read these
Pain management and the pain chart
How Long Does Healing Take ......
Chart representation of THR recovery
Energy Drain for THRs

The rest I can deal with but why are the muscles in my thigh hurts so much like a bad muscle strain.....I know its only 9 days ...Really! nine days I guess is a bit early But had no idea this area would hurt..I will give it another week or so....cabin fever I guess.

But anyways here is a up date:Spent all day outside hanging with The So-Cal Race Team I could'nt compete but I had to go...I was out and about walking a little to show off with my Walker but otherwised stayed in the car or in a Wheel chair..even have a little fun racing it..So we were gone from 7am to 5pm I had no swelling.and fell asleep on the way home :sleep:..walking is much easer as well as moving around on the bed ....I was wondering could I be Iceing to much????...and if maybe I shoud try some heat on the hurting muscles??:skeptical:

Attachments

• RTTC 1.jpg
    RTTC 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 168
  • RTTC 2.jpg
    RTTC 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 167
  • RTTC3.jpg
    RTTC3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.